Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dad & Me

My friend Diana tagged me earlier in the week when I was at the beach. Now that I'm home, I can show you the sixth photo in the sixth folder in my photos folder on my computer.

This is a picture of the jerseys of the four teams that competed in the 2006 Frozen Four in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My dad and I went to Wisconsin to see the Wisconsin Badgers win the championship that year. It's appropriate that I share this photo today since I'm headed to the Frozen Four once again tonight. The Frozen Four is college hockey's equivalent of the college basketball Final Four. It's being played tonight in DC and I'm so excited to be able to go, even though "my" team, the Wisconsin Badgers won't be playing tonight (none of the teams whose jerseys in the photo made it to the final this year). I'm a huge college hockey fan and I've been looking forward to the tournament being held in my hometown. My dad knew how much I wanted to go and he was nice enough to get me tickets so I could be there in person.

Since I've just told you a little about my dad, I figured it was a good time to share some samples using one of the new sets that Clear & Simple Stamps will be releasing on April 15 (that's this Wednesday!). This set is called Dad & Me and it's perfect for Father's Day and other masculine cards and projects.

The first project is a paperweight. I picked up a bunch of these at the dollar store and I've been waiting for the right project for them.

The image inside the paperweight can be easily replaced, so I used the "#1 Dad" sentiment from the Dad & Me set here. It's layered on some different sized circles, then on some masculine looking patterned paper that coordinated with the colors of the image and circles before being set inside the paperweight. Quick and easy--and a great gift, too.

Materials Used: Dad & Me stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 1” circle punch (Stampin’ Up!); (KI Memories) patterned paper; scalloped circle and circle dies (Nestabilities); 1” circle punch (EK Success)


This card uses the woodgraining technique for the panel on the cardfront. This is a great technique for a masculine card! My Scor-Pal made the scoring easy to do, but you can do this technique with a regular scoring too, too.

I didn't add much else to it since I wanted to keep the woodgraining visible. I stamped the Father's Day sentiment on a cream panel and embellished it with a button with some ribbon threaded through it.

Materials Used:
Dad & Me stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps);
Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon(Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); brown button (Walmart); Scor-Pal


This card uses one of my favorite patterned papers, Pinstriped from Sassafras Lass. I used a large panel of the paper, along with the sailboat image from the Dad & Me set. The image is colored with Copic markers and layered on an oval Nestabilities cutout. I added a trio of light blue Dew Drops as an accent.

I used a piece of knotted twill to divide the patterned paper panel from the sentiment. Twill is one of my favorite embellishments on masculine cards. I love to use ribbon, but it isn't always the most masculine thing. Twill lets me use "ribbon" without being so girlie!

Materials Used:
Dad & Me stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and River Rock cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); oval dies (Nestabilities); twill tape (Martha Stewart); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass-Pinstriped)

3 comments:

  1. Love these projects Lori! Great Father's Day ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects! Didn't know you were a Badger fan...does that make you a fantastic Packer Backer, too? I hope so! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, because I know your dad, I have to say that the paperweight is perfect and the cards are wonderful and he really is #1 perfect. He is an amazing person and one of the nicest people I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips