Sunday, April 12, 2009

Keeping it in the Family

Last night's post was about dads, so I guess it's only appropriate that today's is about moms, courtesy of Starving Artistamps. My new DoodleFactory Oh Baby! stamps and matching sentiments arrived on Friday. I inked them up for a few blogger sketch challenges this weekend.

This one features the tiny baby in a blanket image, nestled in a baby carriage. I stamped the carriage first, then added the baby image by using a craft knife to cut a slit in the carriage so I could slide the baby image in place through the slit. I used a dimensional to secure the baby image to the carriage.

The images are colored with Copic markers. I tried to match the colors to the DCWV designer paper I used to cover the cardfront. I thought the "precious cargo" sentiment was a perfect match to the cute image.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! and Sentiments Baby! sets (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Design); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Nursery-Baby Girl); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); silver brads, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

This card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. I used the Super Mom image from the Super Parents set for the large image panel. I colored her in shades of pink and added some glittery highlights and embellishments--she is a super hero, after all! I stamped the "super-mom" sentiment alongside the image in coordinating pink ink.

I used one of the new Sizzix embossing folders to emboss the light pink panel for the cardfront. I embellished the panel with coordinating cardstock and a bright pink satin ribbon. A matching large pink button's attached to the center of the bow--makes a fun embellishment.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Super Parents and Sentiments Baby! sets (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Design); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon, Hibiscus Burst button (Papertrey Ink); white twine (Walmart); pink tiny twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Lines & Circles embossing folder (Sizzix); Pink Shimmerz

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Cards!
    Cute stamped images.
    *Happy Easter to you
    and your family!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips