Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip hip hooray--it's Saturday and the start of my spring break, too! This cute card definitely shows how I'm feeling right now--LOL!

This week's sketch from Stamp TV was perfect for showcasing the cute little frog from Melanie's Hip Hop Accessories stamp set from Gina K Designs. I colored the frog with Copic markers and carefully cut it out so it could be placed so it looked like it was jumping above the lily pad image. Tomorrow, I'm going to a Copic certification class, so hopefully you'll see a big improvement in my coloring skills soon!

I used both sides of a piece of Scenic Route patterned paper to cover the card front. I was going for a little boy look for this card and I think this paper is perfect for that. I mixed and matched the diagonal plaid and solid stripes and layered them on a New Leaf panel, then on a Baja Breeze card base. I probably should have put another panel under the two smaller striped panel since because of the stripes and how well they match the New Leaf cardstock, it's hard to see that that they're two separate panels and not one larger one.

Materials Used:
Just So Hippy and Hip Hop Accessories stamp sets, Pure Luxury White cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Baja Breeze cardstock, Close to Cocoa 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, silver brad, corner rounder, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Ripe Avocado Palette ink, New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Scenic Route-Charlotte line)

I used another Gina K Designs set for this card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. The cupcake at the center is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with some Shimmerz paints. You can kind of see the shimmer in the photo.

The panels on the cardfront are made using some DCWV coordinating patterned papers. I'm not so sure I really like them with this image. I brought in a little pink by putting a pink panel behind the diagonal striped paper and by wrapping a piece of light pink satin ribbon around the cardfront. Once I attached the cupcake image, I found that there wasn't much room for the sentiment, so I ended up squeezing it in on one of the dotted paper panels.

Materials Used:
Sweetest Blessings stamp set, Pure Luxury White cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (DCWV The Spring Stack); Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies(Nestabilities); Royal Red and Pink paints (Shimmerz)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips