Thursday, April 16, 2009

Howdy, Baby

I'm still having fun with my DoodleFactory Oh Baby! stamps from Starving Artistamps. Since I first saw the rocking horse image, I knew I wanted to make it a moving element on a card. I got a chance to give my idea a try tonight.

Here's what I came up with. I stamped the image on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, then trimmed around it. I cut a 1/2" hole in the center of the blue panel I used for the cardfront. I put a dimensional on the back of the rocking horse, then put the dimensional through the hole. To keep the image in place but allow it to move, I placed a 3/4" circle on the back of the dimensional, behind the blue panel. This keeps the image from moving too much. In fact, it only moves when you touch it.

I kept the rest of the card simple to keep the focus on the interactive element. The "howdy" sentiment comes from the Country #2 sentiments set. I thought it was a fun match for the rocking horse.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set, Country Set #2 sentiment set, Stripes background (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Kraft cardstock, 1/2" and 3/4" circle punches, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain twill tape (Papertrey Ink); star brad (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips