Monday, April 20, 2009

If Friends Were Flowers

If you're here for this week's installment of Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday, check out the post below.

Here's my card for this week's clean and simple card challenge on SCS and this week's color challenge from Stamp TV. The SCS challenge was an inspiration challenge, based on your choice of a kids' bedding set from JC Penney. The Stamp TV color challenge was to use 4 or more colors on your card. I chose a set called Daisy Quilt and took my inspiration from the diagonally striped pillow, the large flower images, and the multicolored design.

I made my diagonal striped panel by cutting a scrap of cardstock to 5 1/4" by 1 1/4". I covered the scrap with adhesive, then attached narrow scraps of brightly colored cardstock scraps to the adhesive on the diagonal. I trimmed away the edges of the scraps so they were even with my base strip, then attached the finished striped piece to my white panel.

I arranged a trio of coordinating Prima flowers in different colors and sizes along the right side of the cardfront and added a button to the center of each one. I finished the card with the friend sentiment from the Bold Flowers set from Gina K Designs.

Gotta finish up now--a rain storm's coming our way and Cosmo the crazy dog does not handle noise and wind (or power outages--that's one of his biggest freak outs!) too well . . .

Materials Used:
Bold Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, and Lemon Tart cardstock, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, and Aqua Mist buttons (Papertrey Ink); Gable Green and Orchid Opulence cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Prima); twine (Walmart)

1 comment:

  1. Your colorful card just made me feel happy. It looks like spring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips