Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i {heart} papers DT Challenge: Slightly Askew

The i {heart} papers DT is participating in another challenge. The theme for this challenge is to put something askew on your card. I tend to do linear kind of designs, but I managed to pull this one off!

I used this week’s ingredients from the recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara} along with Lauren’s Saturday sketch challenge to create this card. The required elements for the recipe challenge were patterned paper, ribbon, and an image of something that flies.

I love the pretty Amy Butler die cut butterflies, so I decided to use one of them as the focal point of my card. I set the butterfly, askew, meeting the requirements for the IHP challenge, on a cream circle and stamped “hello” from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set on the circle.

I matched the colors in the butterfly to the colors in the My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane designer paper. Since the patterns in the paper and on the butterfly have a lot going on, I layered the butterfly on a pair of solid cardstock panels. I added a trio of buttons, threaded with shimmery pink ribbon, to the side of the panel.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the IHP DT has set askew. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the left.

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: K & Company Amy Butler Tea Box die cut butterflies, Hero Arts All Occasion Messages stamp set, My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane designer paper, Creative Impressions light pink glimmer ribbon, Nestabilities circle die

Other: Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Vintage Cream buttons (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! That butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Lori! I love the butterfly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Lori! Those butterflies are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! this is so pretty, great colors and love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Lori! Great combo challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Lori. Love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun, Lori! Love that butterfly and the wonderful button treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! The colors are beautiful and I love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Lori!! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your butterly, i have never seen those. must have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing Lori...look at all you do, and each project is stellar...including this one. I absolutely love the butterfly. Awesome girl...or should I call you wonder woman? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the butterfly. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Love the colors and all the details like the buttons and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips