Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 44

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were a repeated pattern (either one you created or on patterned paper), a number/numerals, and a one word title or sentiment.

I decided to put my Slice cutting machine to use to create a number to use on my card. I used the Animal Crackers cartridge to cut out a "1" from red cardstock. I ran the 1 through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot folder to give it a little dimension before attaching it to the striped patterned paper panel.

To make the card more little boy friendly, I added a clear glittery frog sticker and some light blue twill tape. A pair of brads was the final embellishment I added before placing the panel on the blue card base.

I inked up just the word "happy" in the "Happy New Year" sentiment stamp from SU!'s Holidays & Wishes set. Since I was limited to just one word on my cardfront, I figured that by using a number and the word "happy," I could get my message across-LOL!

Materials Used:
Holidays & Wishes stamp set, Brocade Blue Classic ink, Certainly Celery and Riding Hood Red cardstock, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain cardstock, Spring Rain twill tape (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV); frog glitter sticker (Friendly Forest-Colorbok); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Animal Crackers Slice cartridge (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I am partial to frogs so it had a head start. How do you like your Slice? I've seen it a couple of places but haven't had much of a chance to look at it in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Lori! I love that little frog!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips