Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Things

Here are two cards featuring things that make me think of spring--even though it's summer-like hot here right now. I finally broke down and switched on the air conditioning tonight so that I'll be able to sleep comfortably later on. I've learned that if Cosmo the crazy dog is hot and uncomfortable, it will be a long night for both of us--LOL!

I made this one for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. I thought the cute bunny image from The Greeting Farm's Lucky Bunnies set would fit nicely on the tall vertical panel in the sketch. I stamped the bunny on a scrap of cardstock, colored it, then cut it out and attached it to the light blue panel using dimensionals. I used my favorite new product on the bunny's belly--sparkly flock. I just got it in my i {heart} papers order. It's flocking powder with sparkly, glittery stuff mixed in. So cool!

I picked a soft pastel patterned paper from Heidi Grace for the panel on the cardfront. The mats and panels on the card were picked to coordinate with the colors in the paper. I added a trio of Dew Drops to match the dots on the paper and in the scalloped border. I left off a sentiment, but figure this could be used for a birthday or a baby card, maybe.

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies set (The Greeting Farm); Solar White cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, and Certainly Celery cardstock, Certainly Celery twill tape, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Heidi Grace Designs); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); white Sparkly Flock (i {heart} papers)

Here's my second spring card, based on this week's sketch challenge from Stamp TV. This one features a pretty hat from the Thinking of You set from Gina K Designs.

I colored the image with Copic markers and added a tiny twinkle from Taylored Expressions as a simple embellishment to the largest flower on the hat. The hat's layered on a pale pink scalloped circle and embellished with a darker rose velvet flower with a button at its center.

I found some patterned paper that had kind of a country feel to it to--and pink flowers to match the ones I had colored on the hat--for the cardfront. I used my eyelet border punch along the edge of a strip of pale pink paper, then attached a yellow strip to the top of that for the "I hat to thank you!" sentiment. Originally, I had tried to stamp the sentiment on ribbon, but it looked too blurry to me, so I scrapped that in favor of the paper.

Materials Used:
Thinking of You stamp set, white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and So Saffron cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, eyelet border punch (Stampin' Up!); velvet flower (Prima); Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (K & Company Wild Raspberry); twine (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips