Sunday, April 26, 2009

Elegant Anniversary

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. As soon as I saw this anniversary card, I knew I could use the Forever & Always set from Kitchen Sink Stamps to rework this card with my own twists.

I kept the layout of the card pretty much the same, but I did flip the positions of the circles in the layout so the sentiment was on the right side of the card. I also reduced the size of the card to a 4 1/4" square, so everything on the card is scaled down a bit to fit and I used a few less layers, too.

I covered the card base with a pretty shimmery silver and gold patterned paper that seemed to be a perfect fit for a wedding or anniversary card. Instead of doing embossing on the sentiment panel, I stamped the words and numbers for the sentiment in two different colors of shimmery inks on shimmery white cardstock.

The shimmery gold panel is embellished with trio of Prima flowers. I added a gold Dew Drop to the center of each flower to coordinate with the gold panel.

I'm off for some chips and salsa--and margaritas, too--with my kindergarten teacher friends. It's sunny and warm--the perfect day for spending time outside over drinks with friends! I won't be gone too long, though, because I want to watch the next installment of the Capitals/Rangers hockey playoff series. Go Caps!

Materials Used:
Forever & Always stamp set, Gold Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Graphite Black and Galaxy Gold inks (Brilliance); gold paper (Target); patterned paper (The Paper Company Studio-Wedding Silver & Gold Stripe); Basic Black and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips