Friday, April 17, 2009

Celebrate and Comfort

Here are two quick cards I made for challenges at Stamp TV. Both cards use images from Gina K Designs.

This one is for this week's sketch challenge, designed by my Paper Craft Planet buddy Jessica. I used the Retro Boutique set. I love that dress image! I paper pieced the image with some patterned paper from the Sabrina collection from Making Memories.

I used another paper from the Sabrina collection for the large panel on the left side of the card. The paper's not quite black, more of a charcoal color, so I layered it on a piece of Basic Gray cardstock with a scalloped edge. I dotted a little bit of Silver Pearls Liquid Pearls on each of the scallops. Like I said earlier this week, I've got to get more of this stuff . . .

Materials Used:
Retro Boutique stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, and Basic Gray cardstock, scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sabrina designer paper (Making Memories); Vintage Cream grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Silver Pearls Liquid Pearls (Ranger); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

This card is for this week's Stamp TV technique challenge. I used a baby wipe dotted with Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink, and Lavender Lace inks to make an ink pad that I used to stamp the floral image from the Comfort & Peace stamp set. At first, I didn't have enough ink on my "ink pad," so my initial stamping attempts ended up in the trash. I added a few more dots of ink and liked the soft look of the resulting image.

I kept the rest of the card simple to show off the multicolored flower image. I added a strip embellished with purple dome embellishments to the left of the image panel and a sentiment at the bottom right corner of the image.

Materials Used:
Comfort & Peace stamp set (Gina K Designs); Kiwi Kiss, Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink, and Almost Amethyst Classic inks, Almost Amethyst, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); purple dome embellishments (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty, Lori! I just love the paper pieced dress and that lovely baby wiped image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips