Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Unity Challenge: Blog Hop Inspiration

It's time for another Unity Addicts challenge! Maria is our hostess this week. She provided us with the blinkie from last weekend's Unity blog hop to use as inspiration for our projects. I made a clean and simple card based on the bold colors and clean lines in the blinkie.

I used the bold stripes of color in the graphic as the inspiration for my card. I found a piece of K & Company patterned paper with stripes of varying widths and some color tones found in the graphic for the panel on my cardfront. The graphic had a row of stitches at the top and bottom, so I pulled out my sewing machine and put in dark brown thread to sew parallel lines across the panel.

I used the "thanks" image from the March Kit of the Month as the only stamping on my card. I stamped the word on a scrap of So Saffron cardstock in brown ink, cut it out, then attached it a So Saffron rectangle with dimensionals. I put a matching piece of knotted ribbon at one end of the sentiment and added a trio of Dew Drops to the empty-looking upper left corner of the card.

For more projects inspired by the Unity Blog Hop blinkie, you can visit the rest of the Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.


Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); patterned paper (K & Company); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, So Saffron and Kraft cardstock, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips