Thursday, May 28, 2009

Behind

I made this cute card for another challenge on the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. It's based on a sketch designed by Melanie, so I thought I'd use one of her stamp sets from Gina K Designs for my card.

I used the adorable hippo image from the Just So Hippy set. This image is so cute, especially when it's paired with the "Sorry I'm so behind" sentiment. It's perfect for an apology for missing a special person's special day. I colored the hippo with Copic markers. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped the hippo twice and cut out the back side of one and attached it to the other image with dimensionals.

I arranged the hippo and sentiment on a panel of multi colored polka dot paper, then layered it on a Rose Red card base. I added some light blue shimmery flowers with Dew Drops at the centers as simple embellishments.

Materials Used:
Just So Hippy stamp set (Gina K Designs); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Rose Red Classic ink, Rose Red and Bashful Blue cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop circle punch, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); blue confetti flowers (Bride's); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable Lori! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is about the sweetest little hippo I've ever seen!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips