Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cuppie Trio

I’ve been keeping busy this week trying out some of the challenges at the Stampin’ Out Alzheimers site. I did a trio of cards using some of the cute cupcake images from Taylored Expressions.

This card’s for the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. I used my Valentine’s themed cupcake set with a few alterations to make this card.

I’ve had this sprinkle patterned paper in my collection for a while. Isn’t it perfect for a birthday themed card? I added a piece of pink satin ribbon and a trio of metallic Dew Drops to dress it up before adding the cupcake image panel. The Dew Drops started out as a shiny gold, but with the help of a Copic marker, they quickly became a coordinating red, just right for my project.

The cupcake image actually has a pair of lips on the image, but I omitted those before stamping the image. I used the “happy birthday” sentiment from the Branching Out set, kind of wrapped around the cupcake.

Materials Used:
Love Is Sweet and Branching Out stamp sets, Snow White choice cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Marcella by K & Company); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); metallic Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)


This one is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge. My image panel ended up being a little bit bigger than the one in the sketch, but I think it still keeps the look and feel of the sketch anyway.

I used the kissing cuppies image here, colored with Copic markers and accented with some red Stickles and a red Glaze pen. The cuppie panel is bordered by a soft pink ribbon and a pair of Riding Hood Red panels. I used my Martha Stewart tiny heart border punch along the bottom edge of the panel, then added a trio of punched hearts as embellishments.

The cardfront is covered in some swirly My Mind’s Eye designer paper. I attached the image panel with dimensionals, then added the “smooches” sentiment in black ink.

Materials Used:
Love Is Sweet stamp set, Snow White choice cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red cardstock, heart punch, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye-Just Dreamy 2 line); Ruby Slipper Glitz Stickles (Ranger); heart border punch (Martha Stewart); red Glaze pen (Sakura)


Here’s my final Taylored Expressions card. This one’s for the “Two By Two” challenge. This challenge required the use of two colors (pink and brown, plus a neutral) and two types of embellishment.

I used one of the cute cuppies again. The cuppie is colored with Copic markers and layered on a scalloped circle.

I covered the card base with a piece of polka dotted paper in the challenge colors. I added a striped pink panel with a piece of pink satin ribbon tied around it, then layered on the image panel. I stamped the “thinking of you” sentiment from the Branching Out set right above the ribbon. The final embellishment was a chocolate colored button.

Materials Used:
Love Is Sweet and Branching Out stamp sets, Snow White choice cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (October Afternoon-Rain Boots); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Dark Chocolate button (Papertrey Ink); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. All this cuteness is just too much!!! You did some very sweet work with the stamps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuppie is adorable! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips