Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beyond Basic Thank You

Raspberry, avocado, and celery--what a yummy color combination! I put together this quick card this afternoon using these three colors from Dawn's latest color challenge and Papertrey Ink's Beyond Basic Borders set.

I stamped the swirly branch image on Certainly Celery cardstock in Ripe Avocado ink. Spring Moss is the one PTI color I haven't invested in yet, but I probably will give in and try it out soon since I like their other colors so much. I found this bright raspberry-ish Prima flower in one of my tins and added it to the end of the branch. I threaded some twine through a Hibiscus Burst button (don't have Raspberry Fizz ones yet, so this will have to do . . .) and attached this to the center of the flower.

Before I attached the flower and branch panel to the Ripe Avocado card base, I stamped the scalloped line image tone on tone in Ripe Avocado ink. This made a nice--and quick--embellishment for the panel. I stamped the "thank you" sentiment on a Ripe Avocado circle, layered it on a Raspberry Fizz circle for some pop, then attached a celery ribbon tab before layering it on the card.

Don't forget that tomorrow is the official opening of the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. This pay-to-play site will host tons of fun challenges with fabulous prizes from generous sponsors from across the stamping community. You can join in on the fun for a suggested minimum donation of $5. All funds raised will go to the Alzheimer's Association to support research to end this disease. Hope you'll join us there!

Materials Used:
Beyond Basic Borders stamp set, Ripe Avocado Palette ink, Ripe Avocado and Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Hibiscus Burst button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery cardstock, Certainly Celery twill, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); flower (Prima)

3 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Lori! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. love that flower. you put the colors together well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Love the way you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips