Sunday, May 24, 2009

Down by the Pond

I was so excited to see that another Great Swaps Girl, Mercy. was today's featured stamper for the SCS challenge. I love Mercy's style! I picked this card from her gallery to use for the challenge.

I kept the layout the same and stayed sort of within the same theme for the image on my card. I used the cute frog image from the Down By the Pond set from The Greeting Farm as my main image. From looking at her gallery, I know Mercy's a fan of these cute images, too. The frog is colored with Copic markers, then dabbed with a rag dampened with some blending solution to give the body a textured look. I created a water setting for the frog using a Fiskars border punch. The sentiment is stamped over the image in Pacific Point ink.

I rummaged through my designer paper scraps to come up with the three coordinating strips I added to the Pacific Point card base. I used my mat pack and paper piercer, along with a white gel pen, for the faux stitching across the paper strips. Instead of using a white ribbon on the top (looked too harsh since I didn't use a white panel behind the stamped image), I tied a piece of soft blue seam binding tape around the card to finish it.

Materials Used:
Down by the Pond stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Bella Rose, Baja Breeze Patterns, and Good Morning Sunshine designer papers, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); seam binding tape (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Just checking in to say Happy Memorial Day! Froggy cards is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips