Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthday Darling

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. I replaced the I-can't-see-a-thing-a-Bella image in the original card here with the Birthday Darling image from the Birthday Darling set from Clear & Simple Stamps.

I kept the layout the same, but adjusted it a bit to fit the size of the image since the Darlings are larger than the Bella images. I colored the Darling with Copic markers to coordinate with the My Mind's Eye paper I used to cover the card base. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some coordinating Petal Pink Liquid Pearls dots along the bottom of the Darling's skirt. It's been around for a long time, but I've just found this stuff and I'm loving using it as a fun embellishment. You can find it in lots of colors here at i {heart} papers.

I used three Primas, but changed their placement so that all three are at the lower left corner of the image panel. There's a Dew Drop at the center of each one. Instead of using a trio of brads along the the right side of the image panel, I switched to more Dew Drops (I have a lot of them!).

Be sure to stop by the Clear & Simple Stamps store to check out the brand new Stamp of the Month, Crop Night Darling. She's perfect for making cards and gifts for all of your crafting friends. To get $1 off of this set, use code DTBlog509 at checkout.

Materials Used:
Birthday Darling set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); Pink Pirouette and Groovy Guava cardstock, white taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Prima); Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Lori! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, those pink and orange colors are always calling to me when I use the Darlings!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips