Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Light Up My Life

Here's a quick card for this week's sketch challenge at Stamp TV. This sketch is right up my alley--it's just perfect for clean and simple cards!

I used the lamp image from Gina K's Heartfelt Hits I set as my main image. The lamp is colored with Copic markers and the bulb is highlighted with sparkly Yellow Stickles. I colored the image to coordinate with the striped paper panel from SEI that goes across the length of the card.

I "dressed" up the striped panel with a rose scalloped border along one side and a piece of soft pink satin ribbon down the center. The image is layered over the striped panel using dimensionals. I stamped the "you light up my life" sentiment in rose ink along the side of the image panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Heartfelt Hits I stamp set (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Barely Banana and Regal Rose Classic inks, Barely Banana, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, scallop border punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (SEI-Chick-a-dee line); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips