Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 100

This week’s blogger challenge was to create a project with a patriotic theme. I just got the new Let Freedom Ring set from Papertrey Ink so I put it to use for the challenge.

The colors for the card came from the striped paper from Making Memories. It’s not a traditional patriotic red, white, and blue color scheme, but it still worked for me. I used my sewing machine to stitch the patterned paper panel to a coordinating Soft Sky card base. The stitching’s a little less straight than I would have liked, thanks to some interference from Cosmo the crazy dog and his huge cone collar at my elbow . . .

I stamped the circular striped image with the star at the center in Night of Navy ink and punched it out with my 1 ¼” circle punch (an exact fit!), then layered it on a Night of Navy circle. I stamped the star image on a scrap of white cardstock and trimmed around it, then attached it to the star spot at the center of the other stamped image. I used a scrap of white ribbon to create a banner style sentiment by stamping “let freedom ring” in Pure Poppy Palette ink. This ink works nicely on fabric—stamps clearly and dries quickly. I arranged the star image and the banner on a red scalloped circle and attached it to the card base.

For more fun takes on this challenge, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Let Freedom Ring stamp set, Pure Poppy Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy Classic ink, Soft Sky, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Making Memories); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida); textured red cardstock (?)

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful Job Lori! I love your focal point. the striped star really brings your eye right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card Lori, love the stamping on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Lori. The stitching works well on this card and your stamped ribbon is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout to show off the stamps and pattern paper! Love the stamping on ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I really like the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super! I love the stamped ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. I like the "non-traditional" color scheme, layout, how the different striped patterns and the stamped ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! love the clean simple lines

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! The stitching adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is os pretty, great colors and great layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - love the design and all the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Lori. I'm really digging the stamping on the ribbon...I have such a hard time with that, so I'm envious. Yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stitching is a perfect finish for this one! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love clean and simple cards and this is definately one! Great effort.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job! i love the scallop circle with the off set sentiment and star...luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a terrific card Lori! Love the sewing and the layout! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card...love the stitching! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the simplicity of this card! Awesome stitching and details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool card with the colorful papers, the stitching, the layout and I love the sentiment! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips