Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bride and Groom Hand-in-Hand

I made this simple but elegant card today for this week's Stamp TV sketch challenge. I used a black and cream color combo, accented with some silver, to create a card that will be the perfect companion for a wedding or engagement gift.

I used the bride and groom image from Melanie's Hand-in-Hand set from Gina K Designs as the focal image. I stamped the image on shimmery white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then layered it on a silver mat. The cream card base is covered with some elegant black and cream patterned paper.

I found this new Fiskars Morocco Lace border punch at Michaels and thought it would be a nice complement to the patterned paper. I used it on a strip of silver paper that I slipped under the wide solid black strip. So the pattern would stand out, I layered a strip of gray cardstock underneath it. I embellished the card with a trio of self-adhesive pearls. I decided to omit a sentiment here--it can easily be added to the inside when I'm ready to give the card away.

Materials Used:
Hand-in hand stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Basic Gray, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver shimmer paper, self-adhesive pearls (Target); Morocco Lace border punch (Fiskars); patterned paper (The Story of Us-Momenta/atd)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips