Monday, May 11, 2009

Celebrate with Clear & Simple Stamps

*****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, please scroll down to the post below.*****

On Friday, Clear & Simple Stamps will be releasing a whole bunch of brand new sets. Many of them will be sentiment sets. I don’t know about you, but I’m always finding that one thing I need more of in my stamp collection is great sentiments, so I was thrilled to see the new sets.

Today, I’m going to share a peek at the Celebrate set. This set is perfect for cards and gifts for birthdays and other events. Here’s a simple masculine birthday card I made by combining the large “celebrate” sentiment along with the gift image from the set.

The gift image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the striped patterned paper panel across the cardfront. Since I was going for a masculine look, I kept the embellishments simple, using just a pair of silver brads and a paper pierced strip. The sentiment, stamped in red ink, really pops against the pale blue card base.

Materials Used:
Celebrate stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, silver brads (Stampin’ Up!); Men of Life patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Nestabilities)

This project shows the same sentiment used in a different way. Here, I used the complete image to decorate a simple gift bag. The base of the bag is a small brown paper bag, found in the gift wrap aisle of the craft store. I trimmed it down to fit between two Top Note dies, then attached one die to each side of the bag.

I embellished the dies with some sparkly patterned paper in red, yellow, and orange tones and added a trio of rhinestones. A piece of red taffeta ribbon with piped edges makes the bag look festive. The word window punch was used to cut out a small handle on both sides of the bag.

Materials Used:
Celebrate stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Real Red Classic ink, Barely Banana cardstock, Top Note die, word window punch (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (DCWV’s Citrus Mat Pack); red ribbon with white piped edge (Martha Stewart); red self adhesive rhinestones (Darice); small brown paper bag

Here’s my final preview with this set. I used one of the smaller sentiments from the set to stamp some background paper for one of the panels on my cardfront. I stamped “live laugh love” repeatedly in turquoise pigment ink on a turquoise panel. The clear stamps made it easy to line it up pretty close to straight.

I took my color inspiration for the card from the bright striped paper from GCD Studios that I used to cover the chipboard heart element. The heart is layered on a pink panel that’s embossed with a diagonal grid panel. I left the bottom inch or so of the panel un-scored so I could repeat the sentiment one more time. Since my panels were bright, I used a kraft card base to tone things down a little.

Be sure to stop by the other DT members’ blogs this week. They’ll have previews of other sets to share as we get ready for the release on Friday.

CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Jean Beauchamp
Maria Levine
Nicole Ritts
Kim Howard, guest designer

Materials Used:
Celebrate stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tempting Turquoise Craft ink, Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Kraft cardstock, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!); heart die (Nestabilities); blue self-adhesive rhinestones (Darice); patterned paper (GCD Studios—Eye Candy line); blue satin ribbon (Target); Scor-Pal

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards/projects with the new sets, can't wait to see them all in full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Lori! I'm always on the hunt for good sentiment sets too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips