Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sketches by Tamara: Recipe 48

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were 3 R’s—red, ric rac, and round. I incorporated all three elements on this round card.

I used one of the new Just Rite products I got from i {heart} papers as the focal image on my card. The small circle element comes from the new Tiny Borders and Centers Set. The stamper measures 1 3/16”, smaller than the others previously released by Just Rite. It is so cute! I stamped the border in Chocolate Chip ink, then stamped the center in Riding Hood Red ink. I highlighted the hearts with some clear glitter from a glitter pen. I used a few different sized circle punches to get the different colors for the layers in the circle.

I layered the stamped image on a panel of paper from the Penny Lane line from My Mind’s Eye. It’s not a true red, but it’s still red to me! I added a strip of soft white velvet ric rac across the patterned paper panel, too.

The patterned paper is layered on a scalloped circle card base made with a pair of Nestabilities scalloped circle dies. I embellished the scallops a bit by piercing a hole in each one and highlighting each hole with a white ink pen. This is my all-time favorite white pen—works great!

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers:
Just Rite Tiny Borders & Centers Set, My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane designer paper, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, May Arts white velvet ric rac, Ranger Inkssentials white opaque pen, Copic Spica clear glitter pen

Other: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 3/8”, 1”, and 7/8” circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success)

3 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I've got to find time to play with my new JR stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love your round, red, rickracked card and say that three times fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lori! A fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips