Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cool

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple card in Roxie's gallery. I kept the layout the same, but made a few other changes in my version of the card.

Instead of a white card base, I used a soft Pink Pirouette base. I used an ice cream cone image from Unity's Mixup of Cuteness set for my main image. It's stamped twice, once on the pink card base and once on a scrap of white. I colored both image with Copic markers, then cut out the image on the white scrap to layer it on top of the image on the card base with a dimensional. I added a button for the cherry.

I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder for the embossed dotted strip along the bottom of the card. I've had these for a while now and really haven't used them--not sure why that is. I stamped the "cool" sentiment repeatedly in Regal Rose ink across the top of the embossed strip to finish the card. Took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish--love it!

Materials Used:
Mixup of Cuteness kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette cardstock, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); dotted border embossing folder (Cuttlebug); button (Walmart)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips