Sunday, May 31, 2009

For Keep {Sake} Memory Game

Here's another project I made for one of the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's challenges. This challenge was to use one of Lauren's Timeless Templates from Papertrey Ink and incorporate a clear element in your design.

I decided to use the For Keep {Sake} template to make a special container for a memory game. I transferred the template to Spring Rain cardstock, then decorated it with red and white star images from the Everyday Classics anniversary set. Acetate pieces are inserted into the openings so you can see the contents of the box and so they stay securely inside.

The game pieces inside the box are made from lightweight coasters. I used a scalloped circle die to cut out each game piece. I stamped stars on the coaster using different colors of ink and different patterned star images from the Star Prints stamp set, making sure to have matching pairs.

Materials Used:
For Keep {Sake} My Timeless Template, Everyday Classics and Star Prints stamp sets, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Plum Pudding, Lemon Tart Palette inks, Spring Rain and Pure Poppy cardstock, Pure Poppy Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Whisper White Craft ink (Stampin' Up!); acetate; lightweight coasters

3 comments:

  1. Very cool Lori! Love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cuteness! I think this is an adorable game and would make a wonderful mommy and me class! Beautiful Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and such a cool container to have it stored in!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips