Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CSS SOA Challenge

Clear & Simple Stamps is hosting several challenges on the Stampin’ Out Alzheimer’s site. I made this card for the "Stitch in Time" challenge to use real or faux stitching on your project.

I used the cute images in the Flight of the Bee set for my card. I thought that I could use my sewing machine to stitch the “trail” for the bee instead of using a paper piercing tool or the stamped image included in the set. It worked nicely! I stamped the bee on a scrap of white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. After I cut the image out, I coated the wings with glue and dipped the image in some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I stamped the image a second time, this time on a blue circle. I machine-stitched a trail behind the bee, then added the colored image to the circle with a dimensional.

I used some sparkly pastel striped paper for the panel along the left side of the card. The panel with the bee is attached to overlap the panel. I added the matching “bee’n thinking of you” sentiment, embellished with a foam flower to finish the card.

There's still plenty of time to join us in participating in some of the fun challenges and in making a small contribution to find a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Just click on the SOA widget in my left sidebar to get started.

Materials Used:
Flight of the Bee stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, 1” and 1 ¼” circle punches, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Imaginisce); Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); pink flower (Petaloo); self-adhesive pearl (Target)

2 comments:

  1. I love the stitching...inspired me to get the sewing machine out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Lori!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips