Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 50

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were notebook paper, hardware, and dry embossing.

The notebook paper element immediately made me think of school, so I went with a teacher-themed card for the challenge—appropriate for this time of year, isn’t it? I know as a teacher, some of the most treasured gifts I received were notes from my students and from their families. I’ve kept them and still enjoy reading them from time to time as a reminder of the lives I’ve touched through my classroom.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Papertrey Ink’s Teachers Apple set on a piece of notebook patterned paper from Sassafras Lass. I used a spiral punch along the left edge of the paper to give it a more authentic look. I embellished the paper piece with a spiral clip, tied with a piece of dark brown twill, and a sparkly apple die cut from the Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse collection. I am loving these fun die cuts! I assembled the pieces on a kraft card base, along with a Swiss dot embossed strip of Riding Hood Red cardstock. So cute!

I’m sad to say that this will be the last week of Tamara’s recipe challenges. I’ve really enjoyed being on the recipe challenge team and want to thank Tamara for including me in these fun challenges.

Materials Used:
Teachers Apple stamp set, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red Classic inks, Riding Hood Red and Kraft cardstock, spiral punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass); apple die cut (K & Company-Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse collection); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips