Monday, May 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month's blog hop theme is yellow, which has become very trendy lately. It's a perfect color for bright, cheerful summertime cards. I'm not usually a big fan of yellow--it's a color I never, ever wear--but I find that I am able to use it in a lot in papercrafting. My projects for tonight use PTI's Lemon Tart along with the new Star Prints set and Bitty Star Basics patterned paper. I paired these products to create a set of new baby cards.

This one is the more little boy version that I created first. I stamped one of the star images in Lemon Tart ink on Lemon Tart cardstock and punched it out with a large star punch. It's layered on a blue circle, stamped with the "star" sentiment. I added a yellow mat with a pinked edge to highlight the star sentiment and image.

A strip of PTI's new Bitty Star Basics patterned paper is placed across the cardfront, layered with a piece of Lemon Tart twill. I used the paper as a marker to line up the "twinkle, twinkle little" part of the sentiment. A line of paper pierced holes are under the patterned paper strip.

For the little girl version, I flipped the layout vertically, but used pretty much the same basic elements. I used a piece of Sweet Blush satin ribbon (more feminine than twill) over the pink starry patterned paper and added a matching Sweet Blush button as an embellishment. The sentiment is stamped in Berry Sorbet ink--it really pops against the soft pink and yellow.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set, Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Sweet Blush, Spring Rain, and Lemon Tart cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Lemon Tart twill, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); Ballet Blue Craft ink, large star punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

43 comments:

  1. what a cute idea! the yellow looks so pretty with the yellow & blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable cards!!! ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in need of baby cards. I am glad you made one for a boy and a girl! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow works so well with the blue and the pink, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh you got your Star Prints and you made little bebe cards - in his and hers for both - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so sweet and I am kicking myself that I didn't buy Star Prints!! I do this EVERY month.....geesh! I love your pink and blue with yellow!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your baby cards, they are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow is perfect on both cards! They're both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are great! I'm partial to the pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how sweet these are - you are a shining start tonight with these great baby ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that you made baby cards! I like the ribbon treatment you used on the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew I should have ordered star prints. Your cards are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, who knew the yellow and pink would look so fabulous together?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! :) These are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You inspire me to create a baby card with this set. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these both and like how you paired the star set with the yellow but made two different themed cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Love those star stamps!! Great job!
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a Great way to use Star Prints for baby cards!! I really love that Berry Sorbet on the yellow...I'll have to remember that! :>

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both versions are so cute! I just love baby cards...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness these are too sweet. These are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww, adorable! The pink & blue really look great with the yellow, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet cards Lori! Love that you made one a masculine and a feminine one too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are darling, Lori! Love how you flipped the sketch on the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such sweet and fun baby cards.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO sweet! I can't wait to use star prints...the fonts are so delish! You showcased them here for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your cards :) I cant wait to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's the same stamp set I used for the blog hop! I love those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving the stars! Cute colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oooo, Lori! looooove these. really CAS layot and great use of those stamps. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice cards. Great idea to switch the orientation -- makes them look so different from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cards and colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. 2 very cute cards, and easily made into baby cards!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips