Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sweet Thank You

My birthday is over the weekend, but we celebrated at my office on Thursday. We each take turns bringing in a cake for the person celebrating a birthday, so for my turn, my coworker brought in a yummy ice cream cake for us to share. We have a nice tradition of using 3 candles on the cake--one for the past, one for the present, and one for the future. She also brought me a fun pair of hand-embellished flip flops that I can’t wait to wear.

I made her this card as a thank you. It uses this week’s sketch from Stamp TV. I figured that a cake image from the Sweetest Blessings stamp set from Gina K Designs was perfect to put on a thank you note for a yummy cake. I have had this dotted kraft paper for a while now and thought it would be fun to go along with the dotted pattern on the cake.

I stamped the cake image on the kraft panel and colored it in. This is the first time I’ve used my Copic markers on kraft cardstock—I really like the look. For a little contrast, I stamped the cake a second time, this time on cream cardstock. Since the cake we ate had blue icing on it, I colored the cake to match, then cut it out and added it to the panel with a dimensional. The platter portion of the image is dotted with some Silver Pearls Liquid Pearls for just a little pop.

I stamped the matching sentiment on a scrap of cream cardstock and wrapped it around the image panel. The panel was layered on a teal panel, then attached to the dotted paper. I slipped the ribbon tab underneath as an after thought.

Materials Used:
Sweetest Blessings stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic);Taken with Teal Classic ink, Taken with Teal and Very Vanilla cardstock, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); cream grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (?)


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lori!!!!! Hope your weekend is extra special!!!

    Your card is super cute...now I want ice cream cake too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy birthday Lori! I hope it is fabulous! Love your card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, I hope you had a fabulous day with lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips