Friday, May 15, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 99

This week’s blogger challenge was to pick out one of your older cards and CASE yourself, making at least two changes in the new version of your card. I didn’t go back too far to find this card to work with. You can read my original blog post about the card here.

I really liked its clean and simple layout, so I decided to start with that. The original card had a pretty girlie feel to it, so I went in a completely opposite direction with my revised version.

I used the 3 Step Baseball set from Kitchen Sink Stamps to create this masculine card. The baseball mitt is stamped in different shades of brown ink on a cream panel (I try to start with a pigment ink layer for my first layer—I’ve found it makes a really nice base for the image). If you haven’t tried the multi step stamps yet from KSS and are curious about them, there’s a great tutorial on how they work here on Paper Craft Planet.

After playing around with arranging the elements on the cardfront, I flipped the layout from a vertical one to a horizontal one to fit my larger sentiment panel. The striped patterned paper I used has a weathered look to it that I thought was a nice match for the mitt image. I used a simple strip of twill tape along the edge of the panel. I resisted the urge to add some brads as embellishment.

For more fun takes on this challenge, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
3 Step Baseball stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Dune pigment ink (Color Box); Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Riding Hood Red Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla cardstock, word window punch, sponge (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Junkitz); circle dies (Nestabilities); twill tape (Martha Stewart)

17 comments:

  1. Love the changes Lori, it's a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, same layout totally different look. Great masculine card. Great job Lori...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, very masculine card...I need more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the changes, what a great manly card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very nice. I like how you flipped the sketch and then changed from a "girly" card to a "masculine" card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great changes to transform this into a perfect "manly" card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! That mitt is so real looking--great image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!! That baseball mitt looks so realistic. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great cards, so different but so good in their own ways!

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout flip and that baseball set is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great masculine card!! Great job casing yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic CASE Lori! I just love how you took a pink, girly card and turned it into a such a wonderful, masculine card! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw great CASE! love the pink girly version and blue boy one! Those 3 step stamps give a really neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous masculine card! Love it! {SMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great changes, Lori. Love the baseball theme!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips