Sunday, May 10, 2009

They Both Begin with "B"

I have two cards to share from my stamping time this afternoon. Here's the card I made for this week's featured stamper challenge at SCS. It's based on this card here with a few changes to the layout.

I have been wanting to play some more with the Sparkly Fluff I got recently, so I picked an image that I could "fluff" up. I stamped the cute teddy bear image from the DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set from Starving Artistamps, colored in a few details in the image, put down some two-way glue, and filled the bear in with the fluff. It is so sparkly and fun! I sponged around the edges of the panel in pink, then layered it on a textured cardstock circle, then on a scalloped circle.

Since the bear was sparkly, I changed the colors of the original card to more feminine ones. I also flipped the layout so it was vertical instead of horizontal. I used a fun polka dot panel on the cardfront, coordinating with the colors of the mats I used for the image. I added the "cutie patootie" sentiment, accented with a bright knotted ribbon, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set and Sentiments Baby set (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Polka Dot Parade designer paper, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); textured cardstock (DCWV); Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff (i {heart} papers)

And, just before the deadline, here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Lots and lots of layers here--probably not a good card to send in the mail--LOL!

I used 4 different patterns from SEI's Bridgeport collection on my cardfront. I got mine from i {heart} papers. I really like the colors and patterns in the collection and even though they aren't ones I would have thought to combine, they work really well together.

The large butterfly from Verve's Beautiful Kindness set is my focal image. I colored the butterfly with Copics. I don't think I've ever used this shade of purple marker before! I added a vellum overlay to the butterfly for some dimension.

After arranging the layers and layers of paper and attaching a soft purple ribbon, too, I started to think about adding a sentiment. It probably wasn't the best planning to use the varnish finish paper as the bottom right panel where the sentiment would naturally fit. I went ahead and stamped the sentiment in Memento ink. It seemed to work okay, but I haven't tried touching it yet to see if it will rub off. Hopefully it will dry permanent.

Materials Used:
Beautiful Kindness stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point, Orchid Opulence, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, vellum (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (SEI-Bridgeport line); border punch (Martha Stewart); ribbon (?)

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used. Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card


    Ladybugsinthegarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips