Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sparkly Girls Night Out

On a recent trip to Michaels I couldn't resist picking up a set of sparkly dimensional chipboard embellishments from the dollar section. I thought they'd be a perfect match for some of the Clear & Simple Stamps Simple Darling sets.

I paired this sparkly martini embellishment with a sentiment from the Martini Darling set. I used the layout from this week's weekend sketch challenge for this fun, girlie card.

I took the pink and black color scheme from the embellishment for the card. The embellishments are from DCWV and it turns out I had the matching designer paper collection in my stash, so I found a coordinating piece of black paper with pink polka dots to use for the trio of panels at the bottom of the card. I arranged the panels on a Purely Pomegranate background so they'd stand out a little more, then wrapped a piece of pink satin ribbon around the panel before attaching it to the pink card base.

I added a scalloped oval underneath the sparkly martini glass panel, then attached it to the card base with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Purely Pomegranate ink to finish the card.

And, speaking of sentiments, you know that stampers can never have too many of them in their collections. Clear & Simple Stamps is releasing a huge collection of sentiment sets on Friday, May 15. There's something for pretty much every occasion in this collection, plus some new Simple Darlings and Simple Gents, too. I'll be showing you some previews throughout the week, so be sure to stop back.

Materials Used:
Martini Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Purely Pomegranate Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Purely Pomegranate, and Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper, martini embellishment (DCWV's All Dressed Up line); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Super cool! Love the polka dots!! Thanks so much for playing along Lori! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love that martini glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is adorable...LOVE the layout & the sparkle! I have so fallen in love with Clear & Simple Stamps & can't wait to dive into my growing pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! Love the card and great sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips