Monday, June 15, 2009

At Home Collection

*****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, please scroll down to the next post after you check out this one.*****

Today is the release day for the At Home Collection from Clear & Simple Stamps. I’ve shared previews of two of the sets in the collection already (Freedom and Real Estate Darling). I have a sample to share today using one more set from this release.

But, before I get to the new stamp set, I want to give a warm welcome to the new design team members we're introducing today. We are thrilled to have these talented ladies joining our team!
Erin Bigler
Jen Tapler
Kim Howard
Neva McMullen
Robyn Weatherspoon
Sue Berker

Now, here's my card, made with the new Live Life set. This set has a beautiful silhouette image and a variety of sentiments to mix and match. I went bold and bright on this card, using Raspberry Fizz paper with black accents. I used what’s called the chalkboard technique for the focal image. The image is stamped in white pigment ink, then covered with shimmery chalks. The chalks cling to the pigment ink. It looks so nice against the black background!

I layered some matching polka dotted raspberry paper, matted with black, on a raspberry card base. I stamped the sentiment in black ink directly on the patterned paper, then wrapped a piece of raspberry ribbon around the card. I layered the stamped image on the card at an angle and added a trio of shiny Dew Drops as an embellishment.

The rest of the Clear & Simple Stamps DT has samples from other new sets. Here’s where you can find them.
CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Maria Levine
Nancy Beauchamp
Nicole Ritts

Materials Used:
Live Life stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); White Craft ink, Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); jewel tone Pearlescent Chalks (Pebbles, inc.); metallic Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I love the blackboard technique. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, Wow! that's one pretty card. It's been great working with you and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That card is awesome, definitely POPS against that black background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips