Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Green Bird, Green Bird, What Do You See?

Here’s my clean and simple card for this week’s Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. I paired Papertrey Ink's New Leaf, black, and cream to make this card--fun color combo!

The sparkly bird sticker seemed like a perfect match for the New Leaf color, so I built my card around it. Somehow, I got two packs of these sparkly creature stickers, so I need to put them to use! I layered the bird on a cream circle, showing off the vivid color and the sparkle, too. A black button is attached to the panel to fill the empty space near the bottom.

I used a piece of grid patterned paper that is just a bit more yellow than the New Leaf color for the panel on my cardfront. I matted it on cream cardstock, then created a layered ribbon strip to go across the panel. I stamped the “a little birdie told me” sentiment from SU!’s A Little Birdie Told Me set in the bottom corner in black ink. I wonder what the birdie has to say . . .

Materials Used:
A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set, Very Vanilla and Basic Black cardstock, eyelet border punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); New Leaf cardstock, New Leaf tiny dot satin ribbon, Black grosgrain ribbon, black button (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper, bird sparkle sticker (Colorbok-Friendly Forest line); circle dies (Nestabilities); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); twine (Walmart)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips