Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bar Mitzvah Boy

Tonight I'm headed to a celebration for a Bar Mitzvah. I needed a special gift card holder to hold the gift card I bought for the Bar Mitzvah-ed boy, so I whipped up this simple design.

Since this was for a boy, I kept the design clean and fuss-free. I used Papertrey Ink's Mazel Tov set for the images and sentiment. I am so glad to have this set for occasions like this! I stamped the torah image in a grid-like pattern in Brocade Blue ink on matching Brocade Blue cardstock. It's backed on a panel of silver paper, then attached to the navy gift card holder.

I stamped the "Mazel Tov" sentiment in Versamark, then heat embossed it in silver to match the silver panel on the gift card. I added a pair of brads as an embellishment.

I had to come up with a way other than ribbon to keep the gift card holder closed. I ended up using a pair of Basic Grey magnetic snaps, one hidden under the image panel on the front of the gift card and the other between the two layers of the sentiment strip. The strip is secured on the back of the gift card and lifts up in the front so the gift card can be opened.

Materials Used:
Mazel Tov stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Brocade Blue and Night of Navy cardstock, Versamark, silver embossing powder, word window punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); magnetic closures (Basic Grey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips