Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life's a Beach

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card in Christy's gallery. She has a ton of fun Stamping Bella cards in her gallery, so I had to pull out a Bella image of my own for this challenge.

I went with bathing beauty Betty Bombshell for this one. I stamped Betty in black ink, then colored her with Copic markers. I dipped a piece of nubby towel in some blending solution then dabbed it on the "sand" to make the grainy, textured look. It's much more sand-colored IRL, I promise! The sky is sponged in with some Cool Caribbean ink. I also added some Angel Wings Shimmerz to Betty's wings.

I found some wavy patterned paper in a K & Company mat stack pad for the front of my card. The strip across the front is a piece of paper from Fancy Pants. Originally, I was going to cover the cardfront with this pattern (and colored my image based on it), but decided it would be too much.

I stamped the "life's a beach" sentiment on the patterned paper in Pacific Point ink. Instead of adding layered flowers as an embellishment, I added a pair of purple brads to the torn paper strip. The flowers would have drawn attention away from Betty--and I definitely didn't want to do that!

For more beach-themed inspiration, be sure to stop by the Paper Craft Planet June DT gallery. The Supernovas have been sharing some fabulous projects around this month's theme.

Materials Used:
Betty Bombshell image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Cool Caribbean Classic ink, Pacific Point cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Citronella designer mat pad (K & Company); Sublime designer paper (Fancy Pants); purple brads (Making Memories); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips