Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big Bold Birthday Wish

***Scroll down to check out my i {heart} papers DT bling challenge card!***

I almost forgot about my good friend from high school’s birthday! I made this quick card to drop in the mail—hopefully it will get there in time. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it will be arriving a day or two late . . .

I used a retiring SU! set, Big Bold Birthday, for my main image. I stamped the top of the cupcake in craft ink and embossed the image with Iridescent Ice before cutting it out and attaching it to the cupcake base with a dimensional.

I used my Big Shot Texture Plates for the first time on this card. I used the dotted plate to add a subtle texture to the Close to Cocoa panel underneath the cupcake. Very easy!

Since I knew this card was going in the mail, I kept it pretty simple and flat. I added a sentiment strip, embellished with a single brad, to the left of the cupcake image, and a paper pierced strip with a contrasting scalloped border to the Close to Cocoa panel.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Big Bold Birthday stamp set, Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Pretty in Pink Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dotted texure plate, scallop edge punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, silver brad, dimensional

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips