Monday, June 22, 2009

Drinks On Me

*****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, scroll down to the next post.*****

Starving Artistamps is sponsoring this week's sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You. Their sketches are always fabulous!

Here's my summery version of this week's sketch. I used Cliff from the DoodleFactory Tropics set as my focal image. Cliff is what I'd like to be doing instead of working today--enjoying a tropical drink on a lounge chair. I created a sandy backdrop for the image by tearing strips of mustard cardstock, inking them along the torn edges, and layering them along the bottom portion of the blue circle mat.

I used some flip flop patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. I alternated strips of coordinating yellow cardstock, orange scalloped cardstock, and light orange grosgrain ribbons along the left side of the card.

I stamped the "drinks on me" sentiment on a scrap of yellow cardstock, matted it, then attached it with a dimensional to finish off the summery card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics set and Tropics sentiments set 2 (Starving Artistamps); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Summer Sunrise Palette ink, Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); More Mustard Classic ink, More Mustard, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, scallop edge punch, sponge dauber, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and pinking circle die (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Memory Box-Beach Collection)

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I think I need to use Cliff more often, he really is adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that flip flop paper is fabulous - what a great background for a summertime card. I know it makes me want to find a beach chair and grab a drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!! I really love the scallops and ribbon on the strips!! I too wish I could be like Cliff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very fun!!
    I love the color combo!! It really makes the penguin *POP*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute and summery is this! Love the sun :) Great take on the sketch
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image!! Great job~ TFP!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips