Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Merci and More

Here's another card I made last weekend for a challenge at Stampin' Out Alzheimer's. The challenge was to include a winged thing on your card. I went with one of the pretty Amy Butler die cut butterflies as my winged thing.

I paired the gray and green patterned butterfly with a piece of patterned paper from SEI’s Bridgeport line that has a similar green and grey in its stripes. It’s hard to see in the photo, but the white stripes have a subtle shimmer. So pretty!

The butterfly is layered on a shimmery white circle, then on a scalloped purple panel. I dotted each of the scallops with Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls to coordinate with both the shimmer in the patterned paper and the colors on the card. I added the simple “merci” sentiment from the Chelsea Sentiments set on a small oval, accented with a shimmery brad. All of Kate’s cards with this sentiment set totally sold me on adding it to my collection!


other: Basic Gray Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Marvelous Magenta, Basic Gray, and Shimmery White cardstock, small oval punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Threading Water border punch (Fiskars)

I am a total sucker for a cute pair of flip flops. In fact, I just got two more pairs at Target the other day (having 3 Targets so close to my home is absolutely deadly . . .). They’re pretty inexpensive, so I don’t feel too bad about adding more to my collection. In addition to the ones for my own feet, I couldn’t resist picking up a cute mini flip flop box at Michaels the other day. I thought it would look so cute “dressed up” with some patterned papers and embellishments from i {heart} papers.

And, I was right. Here’s the altered flip flop. I covered the box with patterned paper from GCD Studios’ Eye Candy line. I used both sides of the paper to get these coordinating colors and patterns. I added some matching May Arts faux suede ribbon around the side of the flip flop box (the perfect width!).

For an embellishment, I used my Nested Blossom Nestabilities dies and some bright felt to cut out a pair of flowers. So easy! I cut a slit in each of the flowers so I could attach them to the top of the flip flop. This photo is heading right in to the June design team gallery at Paper Craft Planet. Our theme for this month is beach/summer stuff, so this’ll be a perfect fit!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart}papers: GCD Studios Eye Candy (Taffy) designer paper, May Arts fuschia faux suede ribbon, Nestabilities Nested Blossom dies

other: flip flop box (Michaels)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips