Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flowery Pair

I have a pair of cards to share today using supplies from i {heart} papers. Both cards feature floral images, but other than that, they're totally different.

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card. My card came out so soft and feminine looking.

The colors for my card were inspired by those in the glittery striped paper from SEI's Lovebirds collection that I used on the left side of the card. I wouldn't have paired the blue and pale lavender I used here on my own.

I kept the layout the same so I could show off the pretty flower images from the Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamp set. The flowers were stamped in gray ink, then colored with Copic markers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used shimmery white cardstock as the base, so there's a subtle sparkle to the panel. I added a tiny dot of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls at the center of each flower. I stamped the hello sentiment in gray, too, and added a trio of silver/gray sparkle brads as a simple embellishment.

Materials Used:

other: London Fog ink (Memento); Baja Breeze and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lavender Moon cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

This card that I made for this week's Mojo Monday challenge is a little brighter. I used papers from the fabulous Grow collection from My Mind's Eye--great patterns, great colors!

I used one of the die cut flowers included in the kit as my focal image. I added a tiny self-adhesive pearl to the center to dress it up a bit. The panels on the cardfront are a mix and match combination of several of the different papers included in the kit. I layered a coordinating solid cardstock underneath the patterned pieces to set them apart just a bit.

The sentiment comes from another Hero Arts set, Everyday Sayings. This set has a great mix of messages for pretty much any occasion. I added a tiny piece of knotted glimmer ribbon next to the sentiment for just a bit of sparkle.

Materials Used:

other: Aqua Mist Palette ink, Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink); dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips