Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Krafty Coral Joy

Is it Friday yet? My morning started at the extra-early hour of 5:30 AM when a loud thunderstorm passed by. First I heard the thunder, then a scratching sound, which I soon realized was the sound of Cosmo the crazy dog climbing into the bathtub to hide from the storm. I got up and dragged him out of the tub (don't need to have to explain any injuries from him slipping and falling in the bathtub to the vet . . .) and he paced around for the next hour or so until all was clear. It let up during the day, but the storms were back again this afternoon and so was his quirky behavior. As I always say, he's lucky he's cute!

I made this card for this week's clean and simple challenge on SCS. I love the look of the simple silhouette image from Unity's Feel the Joy kit and thought it would look nice with the challenge's coral and kraft color combination.

I stamped the image in Melon Berry ink on cream cardstock. A piece of matching Melon Berry satin ribbon is pleated and stitched in place alongside the image directly on the kraft card base. This is the first time I've tried this, so you don't want to look at the inside of the card until I cover it up--LOL! My first two stitching attempts needed to be ripped out. I finally realized I needed to sew so that I wasn't going against the pleats so they didn't get pulled up by the machine. That probably should have been obvious, but it wasn't to me . . .

I stamped the feel the joy" sentiment on a scrap of Melon Berry cardstock in matching ink. I used a corner rounder on the edges of one side of the strip and a simple brad embellishment on the other.

Materials Used:
Feel the Joy stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Melon Berry Palette ink, Melon Berry cardstock, Melon Berry satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla and Kraft cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); copper brad (Making Memories); sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Great card, love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got lucky and the afternoon storms seemed to miss us, but we had our fair share earier in the day. Scary storm!

    Love the kraft cardstock! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips