Monday, June 1, 2009

Meet Delivery Gent

*****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, please scroll down to the next post.*****


Clear & Simple Stamps has come up with the perfect set for stampers--Delivery Gent. It features one of our favorite people, Mr. Brown, also known as the UPS delivery driver. I have to admit, unlike many stampers, I’m not on a first-name basis with my delivery person, but that’s only because I’m not home during the day when my packages are delivered—LOL!

Here’s a sample showing Delivery Gent in action. I colored him and his stack of boxes with Copic markers. I used some of the sentiments in the set to label the boxes, too. I found some patterned paper in earthy tones to coordinate with Delivery Gent’s uniform and boxes. I added some red mats and a red stamped sentiment to pick up the accent colors in the paper, then assembled the card. I don’t usually use non-straight panels like this, but I kind of like how it looks here.

Materials Used: Delivery Gent stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, 1 3/8” circle punch, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success); patterned paper (Cloud 9 Designs-Cinnamon Stick line)

And, here’s a quick gift box I made using some of the sentiments from the Delivery Gent set. The collection of sentiments in this set make it so versatile--great for birthday gifts, new home/moving cards, and gifts for your stamping buddies.

For this project, I got a plain, unassembled die cut kraft box at the craft store and stamped it with two of the sentiments from the set in bold red and navy ink. I assembled the box, then tied it with some grosgrain ribbon. I created a matching kraft tag, stamped with "happy birthday" to tie on to the ribbons. Perfect presentation for a gift!

Materials Used: Birthday Box: Delivery Gent stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy Classic inks, Riding Hood Red and Kraft cardstock, large tag punch, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, silver eyelet (Stampin’ Up!); twine (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); kraft die cut box

CSS is offering Delivery Gent as June’s Stamp of the Month. Enter the code DTBlog609 to get $1 off this fun set now through June 30. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a special challenge featuring a template that goes perfectly with Delivery Gent . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is just too cute. Anyone would love to receive a gift in this adorable package!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips