Sunday, June 28, 2009

Single Pink Rose

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. When I looked at Dawn's gallery, I noticed all of the beautiful floral cards. I decided to use images from Kitchen Sink Stamps to create my own version of one of her cards.

I used a soft pink card base, punched along the right side with the Morocco Lace border punch. I stamped the large rose image from the 3 Step Hearts & Roses sets in different shades of pink and red inks. To get a really soft look, I stamped off the last two inks (Regal Rose and Rose Red). I added a green stem and leaf, then a pretty pink grosgrain bow.

I stamped the "you're in my thoughts" sentiment in two lines in Rose Red ink, again stamped off once for subtle look. Even with all of the stamped layers, the entire card took less than 15 minutes to complete.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with another Kitchen Sink card.

Materials Used:
3 Step Hearts & Roses stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive Classic inks, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Morocco Lace border punch (Fiskars)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips