Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stamp TV Sketches

Here are a pair of cards for recent sketch challenges at StampTV. The first one is for last week's challenge. I’m enjoying trying out all of the images in Gina K's Eclectic Summer and matching Eclectic Sentiments set. On this one, I used the hot air balloon image and “you raise me up sentiment.”

I took Jessica’s extra challenge to pair three different designer papers on the card. I made it a little easier by choosing all of the papers from the same paper line—Carolyn Gavin’s Greenhouse line from K & Company. I colored the hot air balloon with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the paper, then carefully cut it out. I used a clear Stardust pen to add a little sparkle to it, too. It’s layered on a Soft Sky panel with clouds sponged on with matching Soft Sky ink.

I arranged the three different patterned paper panels on the cardfront. A matching pink ribbon is tied across the card base for another pop of color. I stamped the sentiment on a circle panel and added it to the cardfront using a dimensional.

Materials Used:
Eclectic Summer and Eclectic Sentiments stamp sets (Gina K Designs); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky Classic ink, Soft Sky and Baja Breeze cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst cardstock, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse line-K & Company); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); cloud template (Nicole)

Here's my card for this week's StampTV sketch. I used some of the new patterned paper I got at yesterday's scrapbook convention for color inspiration.

The paper is from Luxe's Sprinkles line. I used the circle patterned paper to cover most of the 4 1/4" square card base. I used a piece of the reverse side stripes for the smaller panel on the cardfront.

I stamped the small purse image from the Retro Boutique set twice, once on a white panel and once on a scrap. I colored the image on the scrap, cut it out and attached it to the panel. Since my image was small, I altered the original sketch to fit the smaller square card. I stamped the "purse-onally . . ." sentiment on a narrow aqua panel and embellished it with a pair of rhinestones before adding it to the card.

Materials Used:
stamp set (Gina K Designs); Classic Crest Solar White cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Luxe); blue Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); red self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips