Sunday, June 21, 2009

Some Sunshine

Here are my last two cards for this month's weekly Viva la Verve sketch challenges. Both cards include some bright and sunny elements.

This card is for last week’s challenge. The twist for this one was to use lots of white space.

I think I got the white space part covered here! I used my ScorPal to make a grid pattern on a white cardstock panel. I paired the grid with Verve’s “Hey, there sunshine!” Plain Jane stamp, appropriately stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink.

The sentiment panel is layered over an upside-down scallop edged strip. I added a dot of clear Stardust glitter pen to each scallop. I found a bold orange Prima flower in my collection as a simple embellishment. I added an orange rhinestone to the center for a little sunshine-like sparkle.

Materials Used:
Hey There Sunshine Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstock, 1 ¾” circle punch, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); orange flower (Prima); circle punch (Marvy Uchida); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); orange self-adhesive rhinestone (Studio 18); ScorPal

Here's my card for this week's challenge. The twist here was to be inspired by patterned paper. I used a scrap of bright, glossy striped paper I had on my desk as inspiration.

I based the colors I used on my card--Pink Pirouette, Hibiscus Burst, and Summer Sunshine--on the colors in the stripes. I chose the softest color for the card base and used the striped panel along the bottom of the card. I stamped one of the flower trios from Verve's Floral Symphony set on a Hibiscus Burst panel in matching ink. A trio of matching Dew Drops is alongside this panel.

I used an oval die to cut a Summer Sunrise panel for the sentiment. The sentiment is stamped in Hibiscus Burst ink. I added a matching Prima flower with another Dew Drop center as an embellishment.

Materials Used:
Floral Symphony stamp set (Verve Stamps); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); oval die (Nestabilities); flower (Prima); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); patterned paper (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips