Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tea Party Butterfly

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I pulled out Flight of the Butterfly, one of my favorite SU! sets for making quick and easy cards, for the challenge.

I used a pair of patterns from the Tea Party paper pack for the panels on the cardfront. The soft pastel colors in these papers are pretty and delicate--a perfect match for the butterfly image. I used coordinating solid So Saffron and Certainly Celery panels for the rest of the layout.

The butterfly image is stamped in Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose inks on a Pink Pirouette panel. The sentiment is stamped in Regal Rose, too, so it will stand out against the soft pink. I added a second butterfly image, stamped on vellum and glued over the first, just at the center, to create a look as if the butterfly is in motion. So pretty!

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!)
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink ink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Tea Party designer series paper, white vellum, Rich Regals brads

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips