Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Scrappy Giggle Grove

This week's Unity Addicts challenge comes from Cyndi. She gave us a two parter--use only stuff from your stash that's already open or is a scrap AND use your first Unity kit.

Before I started the challenge, I had to go back through my blog posts to identify my first Unity kit. Before I went through my archives, I guessed that it was Giggle Grove--and I was right. This set is perfect for using scraps since it really lends itself to paper piecing. That's what I did here. The leaf/tree is paper pieced with a scrap of patterned paper and the bird is paper pieced from a scrap of Pacific Point cardstock.

I used more scraps for the bottom section of the card. I added a strip of dotted patterned paper, topped by a scalloped strip left over from another project. I found some wide lime green ribbon in my ribbon jar and layered that across the card. I added a button-embellished bow to it, too.

I used the "thanks" sentiment from another one of my early Unity purchases (maybe not the first, but pretty early on . . .), Flirty Flowers. I stamped it in bold Pacific Point ink along the side of the card, filling the empty space.

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove and Flirty Flowers stamp sets (Unity Stamp Co.); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Pacific Point Classic ink, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point cardstock, Certainly Celery Prints Series designer paper, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); brown button (Papertrey Ink); twine (Walmart)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips