Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unity Addicts Challenge: Let's Hang Out

This week’s Unity Addicts challenge comes from Latisha. She challenged us to use red, white, and blue. Usually, red, white and blue leads to a patriotic kind of card, but I didn’t have any Unity stamps with those kinds of images, but I did have my new June kit of the month just waiting to be inked up, so I used an image from that.

I used the adorable clothesline image as the focal image on my card. I colored it with Copic markers and sponged in a sky and some grass. I stamped the little dress and tiny overalls a second time on a scrap of paper, colored them, and cut them out so I could attach them to the colored image panel with dimensionals.

I used the faux denim technique to add some interest to the blue panel covering the card base. It seemed like a good match for these colors. I added a bright red ribbon around the panel before adding the image panel on an angle. There was just enough room for the matching “let’s hang out” sentiment in the bottom right corner.

Materials Used:
June Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, White Craft ink, Riding Hood Red and Brocade Blue cardstock, stipple brush, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin Up!); red ribbon (Martha Stewart)

6 comments:

  1. sweet card, Lori! thinking I'm getting that image inky today, looks great on your card. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I need to ink up that image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lori this is adorable! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I used the exact same image on my card today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute Lori...I almost used the same stamp.
    hugs
    latisha

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips