Sunday, June 7, 2009

You're the Best

Here's my card for today's featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card in Kisa's gallery. It came together quickly using Kisa's layout with a few changes to make it my own.

I used some of my new goodies from the Sassafras Lass Jungle Bungle line from i {heart} papers for this card. I replaced the duck image on the original card with the giraffe image from the Jungle Pals stamp set. I added one of the smaller birds to the back of the giraffe using red ink, then cut the panel to an oval shape. Since this set doesn't have any sentiments, I paired it with the "you're the best" sentiment from the Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set.

I cut a piece of the Sassafras Lass Pal Parade designer paper to cover most of the card front, then layered the image panel on. I liked how the paper's dots looked with the dots on the giraffe. I wrapped a piece of white twill around the panel, then added a homemade felt flower (made with the Nestabilities Nested Blossom die) embellished with a button to match the patterned paper.

Materials Used:

other: More Mustard and Real Red Classic inks, More Mustard, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist button, twine (Papertrey Ink); red felt (Kunin)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips