Sunday, June 7, 2009

Two Techniques

****Scroll down to the next post for info about the Clear & Simple Stamps Blog Hop for the Cure.****

I'm generally not a big "technique" stamper, but from time to time, I'll try some out. I have two technique cards to share with you this morning (one is more of a technique than the other, I guess).

Here's the more technique centered card. This one uses the pulled pastel technique. I hadn't done this in a while, but a video on Stamp TV refreshed my memory.

I rubbed some shimmery pastels into a navy oval, then stamped the butterfly image from Gina K's Take Flight set over the pastel-covered panel using Versamark. This lifted off some of the pastels, leaving the image behind. So pretty! This is actually my second panel. I ruined the first by spraying some acrylic sealer over it to prevent it from leaving sparkle everywhere. I accidentally used a glossy spray and it left spots. On this one, I used a matte sealer---much better!

I used some pretty varnish paper from SEI's Bridgeport line for the panel along the side of the card. I had originally planned to use a different pattern from this line that had some turquoise in it, so that's why the card base is turquoise. I edged the panel with an Orchid Opulence scalloped strip to match the scalloped mat behind the image panel. I dotted the scalloped mat with some Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls to pick up some of the grey tones in the paper. The sentiment fit perfectly in the lower right corner.

Materials Used:

other: Take Flight stamp set (Gina K Designs); jewel toned chalks (Pebbles); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, and Orchid Opulence cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

This card uses a simple paper quilting sort-of technique. I found three coordinating scraps of patterned paper (no full sheets of paper were cut in the making of this one!), cut them to identical size, and ran them through my Big Shot with a paisley embossing folder. I stitched them to a coordinating light pink panel with my sewing machine, then layered the quilted panel on a slightly larger white mat.

I stamped the "It's a girl!" sentiment from Gina K's Tag Lines set on a scrap of pink cardstock and added a button embellishment to one end, then layered it on the quilted panel. I attached the panel to a slightly deeper pink card base to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Tag Lines stamp set (Gina K Designs); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, Pretty in Pink Patterns designer series paper, white grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); button (Papertrey Ink); Paisley embossing folder (Sizzix); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love the quilty look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pink card - lovely stitching on it and the papers are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips