Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bright Bumblebee

Here’s my entry for this month’s Unity Stamp Co. guest designer contest. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew which images from June’s Kit of the Month I wanted to use on my card.

I’m generally not a big yellow person, but yellow is definitely the dominant color on my card. I came up with a bright, summery card based on the challenge sketch. I paired two different patterned papers from October Afternoon on my cardfront, divided by a strip of Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I layered the panels on a Kiwi Kiss piece, then on a Raspberry Fizz card base.

I added a pair of bright Prima flowers to represent two of the circle elements in the sketch. The bee image is what I used for the third circle. I stamped the bee directly on the yellow dotted paper and again on a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the image on white cardstock and added some glitter to the wings, then cut it out and attached it to the patterned paper.

The sentiment is stamped on half of a round tab punch, then slipped up under the solid paper panel. Bright, fun, and summery!

Materials Used:
June Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, round tab punch (Stampin’ Up!); patterned papers (October Afternoon); flowers (Prima); yellow self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips