Friday, July 3, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 106

This week's blogger challenge theme is "Wave the Flag," calling for red, white, and blue projects. I have been wanting to try one of the star boxes that's the 3D challenge this week on Paper Craft Planet, so I made a red, white, and blue one that will fit both challenges.

I followed the directions in the tutorial from the Scor-Pal site (download directions here--PDF format). The box was not hard to do, but it helped me to try it out first on a piece of plain copy paper so I was sure of how everything went together without risking ruining my cardstock and designer paper. Sorry the photo's not so great--it's hard for me to photograph tall items with my photo setup . . .

My star box's cardstock base is Not Quite Navy cardstock, a little softer than Night of Navy and a nice match for the other papers on my project. I paired two complementary designer papers from Creative Imaginations to cover my star box--both red, white/cream, and blue, one with stars and one with stripes. I covered the seam between the two papers with a strip of red grosgrain ribbon.

I used my Nestabilities Stars dies to cut out a layered tag to attach to the box. I used images from the Playful Stars and Ready 4 Any Holiday sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps to decorate the tag (love that sentiment!). These are perfect stamp sets for so many occasions. If you want to add them (or any other KSS sets) to your collection, you can use the code LORI10KSS to get a 10% discount on your purchases at the KSS store.

I filled my star box with some sparkly appetizer skewers from the dollar spot at Target. What a fun table centerpiece for the 4th!

For more red, white, and blue project ideas, you can visit the rest of the blogger challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Playful Stars and Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Riding Hood Red and Not Quite Navy Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, and Whisper White cardstock, silver cord, silver eyelet, dimensionals, Sticky Strip (Stampin' Up!); designer papers (Creative Imaginations); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Stars dies (Nestabilities); Scor-Pal

19 comments:

  1. Oh this is super, Lori. What a great table center for a picnic! Love what you chose for the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 3D project Lori - I may have to try one of those cute star boxes! Happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Love that little star box, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I think those star boxes are SO much fun to make. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! Love the design...{SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun and really would dress up the table as a centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for a table decoration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great project! I must give this a try. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will make a great table centerpiece, lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just super cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super project!! Very festive with the sparkly skewers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project Lori, I'm sure it looks festive on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect and festive idea for this challenge! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Lori! What a terrific star box! You've created one fabulous project here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your star box! This is a great project and what a lovely holiday centerpiece! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun centerpiece!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super fun project!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips